Car Accident FAQ
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » 
  5. Motor Vehicle Accidents
  6.  » Car Accident FAQ

Answering Your Motor Vehicle Accident Questions

At Jabro Law Group, we have helped thousands of clients navigate California’s legal process during distressing times. If you or your loved one has been involved in a motor vehicle accident in Southern California, you can depend on our team to aggressively defend your right to pursue compensation for your injuries.

We know that it can be confusing to know which steps to take after a crash, which is why we are sharing our answers to these frequently asked motor vehicle accident questions with you. Please read our answers below, and do not hesitate to contact us if you have concerns about your own personal injury claim.

What does it mean that California is an at-fault state?

In California, the at-fault driver is responsible for covering losses related to the car accident. If the at-fault driver has insurance, his or her insurance company will offer a settlement to the accident victim. Getting a fair settlement from the at-fault driver’s insurance provider can be difficult without legal representation. Before you file a claim with an insurance provider, talk to our team about your options.

Can I still file a personal injury claim if the other driver does not have insurance?

Although California laws require all drivers to purchase car insurance, not all drivers comply. If your accident was caused by an uninsured driver, you may be able to file a claim with your own insurance provider. Many car insurance policies include uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage.

Our attorneys can help you determine whether your policy includes this type of coverage.

If I was injured in a car accident, can I be compensated for missed time at work?

Depending on the extent of your accident injuries, you may receive compensation for lost wages. When you consult with our lawyers, they will honestly evaluate your claim and identify the amount of compensation you may be entitled to receive for the time you missed at work.

After a car crash, should I accept my insurance company’s settlement offer?

You should not accept a settlement offer before consulting with an experienced attorney. Insurance providers typically offer low payouts to accident victims. If you accept a low settlement, you may not have enough money to cover your long-term medical bills and other expenses.

Our team will fight to make sure you receive the full compensation that you deserve.

What should I do after a car crash to protect my personal injury claim?

After a car accident, you should document the accident scene, obtain the other driver’s name and insurance information, and file an accident report with the highway patrol or local police. You should also see a doctor about your injuries. All this documentation can help you build a strong personal injury claim.

You should also speak with a lawyer before you discuss your claim with an insurance provider.

If I was hit by a truck, do I file a claim against the truck driver or the truck company?

Getting fair compensation after a trucking accident can be difficult. You may not know whether the accident was caused by a negligent trucking company, its driver or another at-fault party. When you consult with us, we will review the circumstances surrounding your collision and identify the most effective path forward.

Do You Have Other Questions? Talk To Us Today.

We offer free initial consultations because we want you to make educated decisions about your claim. Arrange your appointment at our San Diego office by calling 619-375-1654, or reach us online.