Legal Separation
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Legal Separation

Compassionate Guidance Through Legal Separation

In California, married couples that wish to separate but who do not wish to divorce may file a petition for legal separation. A legal separation is similar to a divorce in many ways. Issues that may be decided in a legal separation include property division, child custody, parenting time, child support and even spousal support.

If you are thinking about a legal separation and need to speak with an attorney contact the Jabro Law Group in Mission Valley San Diego for a free consultation to discuss your case. Call 619-375-1654.

Legal Separation Vs. Divorce 

California courts have the same power to divide assets and debts in a legal separation as they do in a divorce, so you may ask: What is the purpose of a legal separation?

Although couples have countless reasons to seek a legal separation, the most common reasons include preservation of medical insurance benefits, religious issues and uncertainty about a final termination of a marital relationship.

The Experienced Legal Support You Need

Regardless of your personal preference for a legal separation, our firm can offer the experienced legal support you need. We handle all issues that may arise in a legal separation. If you decide later that you want to file for divorce, we can amend the petition to a divorce and continue with the proceedings on your behalf.

Our goal in each case is to provide the service that best meets our client’s unique and personal needs. We offer a full-service family law practice to meet the needs of a diverse client base. If you need quality legal representation for a legal separation, uncontested or contested divorce, child custody dispute, paternity proceeding or other family law matter, we are pleased to offer our assistance.

Let Us Answer Your Questions In A Free Consultation

Attorneys at Jabro Law Group are here to answer your questions and provide a free consultation. Call us today at 619-375-1654 or email us and an experienced attorney will contact you to discuss your matter.